Mainspring Conservation Trust, one of the leading conservation organizations in North Carolina, is seeking to hire a Land Conservation Manager to assist the Executive Director and work with the Sr. Land Conservation Manager and Land Conservation Associate to help conserve the “best of the rest” in western North Carolina and northern Rabun County, Georgia. This position includes grant writing and reporting, receiving conservation easements, fee simple acquisitions, fee simple divestments, landowner outreach and partner engagement.
- Manage initiatives of land acquisition program, including receiving conservation easements, fee simple purchase, fee simple divestment, landowner outreach, and transaction execution.
- Manage government, foundation, and other grant applications for land conservation.
- Stay updated on all legislative issues related to conservation tax benefits and policies.
- Help develop strategic planning related to land conservation.
- Public speaking and community outreach related to Mainspring’s mission and land conservation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in natural resources, environmental science, or a related field
- Minimum of two year’s land trust experience or related field is required
- Demonstrated experience with Federal, State, and/or private grant applications and management required
- Land acquisition experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Proficient in ESRI programs such as ArcMap and ArcMap Pro
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A motivated self-learner
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organizational goals across the organization
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills that support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the Mainspring Conservation Trust mission
- A team member with flexibility and a sense of humor
Base salary is $40,000 – $45,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, and a pension plan.
Submit cover letter, resume and references electronically, with “LCM Position” as the subject, to this address. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received and the position will be open until filled.
A full job description can be viewed or downloaded here.