Download PDF version of job description.
Mainspring Conservation Trust, Inc. (Mainspring), a nationally accredited, nonprofit conservation organization, is one of the leading environmental organizations in western North Carolina. Mainspring employs a staff of eleven, with an annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 million.
Headquartered in Franklin, North Carolina, Mainspring seeks to hire a Finance Associate to support and work with the Finance Manager to learn and carry out all aspects of Mainspring’s financial systems. The Finance Associate will be supervised by the Deputy Director and will have opportunity for advancement.
- Financial data entry related to all financial functions,
- Management and reporting of financial accounts and in-house financial reports,
- Compiling information for annual audit and Form 990,
- Cash flow analysis,
- Review and update of financial management policies and procedures,
- Maintain record of all assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses,
- Maintain accounts receivable and payroll records, including any associated taxes and required reporting to state and federal entities,
- Grant management including matching funds accounting, grant reporting and timely expenditure of grant funds, and
- Inventory of furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting,
- Two to five years accounting experience (nonprofit experience preferred but not required),
- Quickbooks Enterprise software experience preferred but not required,
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, and
- A team member with flexibility and sense of humor.
The Finance Associate will be a fulltime position with a salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, and a retirement benefit plan.
Submit cover letter, resume and references electronically, with “Mainspring FA Position” as the subject, to Sharon Taylor by November 23, 2019.