Help us celebrate the beauty of the Southern Blue Ridge with your best outdoor photographs!
A panel of judges will award $150, $100 and $50 to the top three photos in the following categories:
- People in Nature
Contest runs from September 15, 2016 – December 31, 2016
- Deadline to submit photos is December 31, 2016
- Each photographer may submit up to five (5) photos
- All photographs must be taken outdoors in Mainspring’s region, which includes Jackson, Macon, Swain, Clay, Cherokee and Graham Counties in NC and Rabun County, GA.
- While photos may be taken on property Mainspring has not conserved, images should not include obvious recognizable landmarks that are state or federally owned (i.e. Cullasaja Falls, Dry Falls, Deep Creek, etc.)
- All images submitted must be released for royalty-free reproduction by Mainspring in all media, including websites, social media, exhibitions and for fundraising. Photographers maintain personal rights to their photograph(s).
- By submitting your photo(s) in the contest, you grant Mainspring Conservation Trust the right to reproduce, distribute and publicly display the photographs, and the right to use your name in publications.
- Both horizontal and vertical photos accepted
- Image size should be a minimum of 3600 pixels in the long dimension
- Photos may be in color or b/w with only minimal post processing editing for a natural appearance
- Email in JPEG, jpg or PNG format in sRGB colorspace